For the Love of a Rose
Is there anything more beautiful than a garden rose in full bloom bursting with fragrance?
This workshop is mostly for me as I’d love nothing more than to be surrounded by locally grown fragrant roses.
I will be talking about the difference between locally grown, glass house and imported roses and everyone will leave with a rose bowl arrangement of the most divine blooms. These roses are not for those who want weeks out of their flowers but more for those who can appreciate the transient beauty of a delicate flower.
PS even though it’s not a rose I may bring along some peonies because, well why not! 🙂
What you will learn
- Insider knowledge on what to look for when buying your roses
- Caring for your cut roses
- Expressing your creativity through floral design
What you’ll receive
- A 1920s inspired elegant arrangement of locally sourced garden roses (RRP $120)
- Essential tools required to construct your design; florist scissors & stem strippers
- Coffee and pastries
What to bring
- Just yourself and your love of roses. We will be getting dirty so don’t wear your best dress. 🙂
Date, location and cost
Sunday 23rd October 9.30am – 12pm
The Aerie, St Peters http://theaerie.com.au/ (Coffee & pastries)